Hungary has applied to WorldSkills International Membership based on the proposal of the National VET Council and the decision of the Minister of Education and has been a WorldSkills Europe member since its 2007 establishment. The Hungarian Chamber of Commerce and Industry is responsible for WorldSkills and EuroSkills related tasks and represents Hungary in the WorldSkills International organization. Hungarian WorldSkills and EuroSkills participation are coordinated by the SkillsHungary Programme.
- 5 WorldSkills Competitions: 2007 Shizuoka, Japan; 2009 Calgary Canada; 2011 London, United Kingdom; 2013 Leipzig, Germany; 2015 Sao Paulo, Brazil
- 5 EuroSkills Competitions: 2008 Rotterdam, The Netherlands; 2010 Lisbon, Portugal; 2012 Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium; 2014 Lille, France; 2016 Gothenburg, Sweeden
SKILLS HUNGARY AIMES AND PRINCIPLES
- In addition to successful participation, integrating competition experiences into the Hungarian VET system is also main priority.
- Hungary only enters contestants whose skills competitions are sponsored by industry stakeholders. Sponsors organize the National Competition in cooperation with the Hungarian Chamber of Commerce and Industry and undertake the national champions’ preparations for EuroSkills.
- Our competitors and experts attain a high level of technical and professional expertise during competitions that slowly infiltrate the national vocational education.